If you live in an apartment in Charleston, SC and have been anxiously awaiting spring, head to the Flowertown Festival this weekend, Friday, April 4, through Sunday, April 6.
Every spring, the Town of Summerville is awash in color- from the hot pink azaleas, to the purple wisteria, to the delicate white dogwood. On one 3-day weekend during this season, thousands of festival-goers head to this beautiful town to take in the flowers and hospitality and attend one of the largest arts and crafts festivals in the Southeast: The YMCA Flowertown Festival.
Consistently ranked one of the Top 20 events in the Southeast by the Southeast Tourism Society, the three-day festival features:
- Over 200 jury-selected artists from throughout the country who display their work for sale
- Delicious foods from restaurants at The Taste
- Fun activities and rides for children at the Children’s Jubilee
- Farmer's Market (Saturday ONLY)
- NEW!! KidsFest (Saturday ONLY) - Blooming Artists of the Flowertown Festival & YMCA ChalkFest
- Free admission and Free Parking. Watch the video for more information.