With Mother’s Day coming soon—Sunday May, 8 is about 2 weeks away—you have just enough time to pull together a beautiful, special gift for her. Coincidentally, National Scrapbooking Day is on Saturday, May 7! Make Mom a Mother’s Day mini-scrapbook gift this year that she will love and cherish for years to come. Here are a couple of quick and easy mini-scrapbooking ideas.
STEP 1: Find 5-10 photos to use in your scrapbook. If you have kids, you might want to include both pictures of you and her (and your siblings, if you have any) AND pictures of her with her grandchildren. It’s very easy to upload your digital photos from your computer to a local store’s photo center website like WalMart, WalGreens, CVS, or some other drug store. And it’s also extremely inexpensive to use their services—a few cents per photo.
STEP 2: Choose which type of scrapbook album you would like to use. Since you only have 2 weeks, I suggest completing a mini-scrapbook. You have a couple of options.
- Buy a mini-album from you local craft store. Michael’s offers mini-scrapbooks in the 8×8 size that’s perfect for a photo and a little decoration and writing per page; or,
- Make your own quick & easy Paper Bag Mini-Scrapbook. A paper bag album filled with photos, memories is a great gift idea for your special mom on mothers day. Here’s the instructions.
- Include a few scrapbooking mother quotes in your next mini album for you mom. Mother’s Day quotes. Here are some more quotes.
- Include Mother’s Day poems.
- Make a mini book with a page to each of the many wonderful qualities your mother posseses. A mothers love is… enduring, a blessing, fun, unconditional, precious, silly, kind, tender, pure, funny, timeless, special, calming, adventurous, real, timeless, educational, forever, unselfish, amazing, humbling, inspirational, never ending.
Michael’s Arts & Crafts is located 11 miles north of Abberly at West Ashley Apartments at 7620 Rivers Ave # 130, North Charleston. (843) 574-9233.
A mini-scrapbook will show Mom how much you appreciate her. Whether choosing a store bought book or crafting a handmade one, your scrapbook will have your unique special touch of love in it. And it will be enjoyed, shared, and treasured for a lifetime—and passed down for generations to come!