The Super Bowl is just around the corner and it’s time to start planning your menu. I found this recipe for wings that are sure to please your crowd.
- 6 pounds chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
- 1 1/2 cups Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the chicken 8 to 12 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. (You can deep fry or bake the chicken instead if you want to, but it is best when grilled.) Remove chicken to a large roasting pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the hot sauce, butter, honey, garlic salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Simmer about 10 minutes, until blended and heated through. Pour the sauce over the grilled chicken wings and stir to coat.